Inclusion Starts with the Letter "I"
What you can do today to be a light to all who know you
with guest speaker Michele Reeves
T O B E H E L D O N L I N E
Twenty plus years of knowing, learning from, and working with professional women through many political leaders, social justice incidents, and horrific personal and world crises have led Michele to heart-felt (and sometimes heated) conversations about identity, race, and roles in the country.
No matter what your background, beliefs, or experiences, it seems we have a few common characteristics -- ones that get in the way of us becoming more engaged as citizens. We are too busy working on our email or attending meetings. We feel anxious about the possibility of saying something wrong or not knowing what to say. We are concerned (but not enough) to walk into conflict, lose a friend, or make an enemy.
Why do we purposefully avoid these important conversations?
As you have heard on the news, in books, in articles, and even on Twitter that women are a powerful force -- a critical contributor -- "to mobilize alongside the rest of Humanity on behalf of the world."
Inclusion Starts with the Letter "I" is an invitation to an open and candid discussion to discover, together, what each one of us can do today to be a light to all who know us, and even those who don't!
- Learn what is stopping you. (It's NOT fear.)
- Learn a framework to start, have, and act on a courageous conversation.
- Discover a list of things you can do today to do your part.
ACCESS This event will be hosted on the video conferencing platform Remo. Please follow these steps to join us:
- Register for the event from the left-hand panel at the top of this page.
- You will receive a confirmation email from BPW/Triangle, as well as an invitation from Remo before the event with access instructions.
- Click the Accept Invitation link in the email from Remo to complete your registration. If you haven't used Remo before, you will be prompted to create an account. You will also want to check Remo's system requirements and view this short video on how to use Remo as an attendee.
- To join us once the event begins, go to https://live.remo.co/e/september-monthly-meeting and click on Join Event Now.
If you have any questions, email the Program Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special note: If you've been a member for awhile, you know our monthly meetings usually take place on Thursdays. This event will occur on Wednesday, September 23.
MEET OUR SPEAKER
Michele Reeves is a happy wife, proud Godmother, and longtime friend of BPW.
In July 2020, Ms. Reeves was named the Vice President and Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer at Presbyterian Healthcare Services, a private, not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system in New Mexico and the state’s largest provider of healthcare.
Ms. Reeves has served as a leader and practitioner in diversity, leadership development and executive coaching in global and national organizations for over two decades. She has been recognized in 2018 as a Top Diversity Executive by Black Enterprise Magazine and won two national diversity awards. Most recently, she was named one of Albuquerque Business First’s 2020 Women of Influence.
Michele is holds a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Central Florida and her bachelor’s degree in Psychology from James Madison University.
When she isn’t opening hearts and minds over Zoom, she is enjoying the arts (also known as Netflix), or the outdoors (with a mask), and attempting to play golf with her husband, Wayne.