Accepting applications now!
BPW/Raleigh scholarships are provided to outstanding area students seeking to further their education, advance their careers, or re-enter the workforce. Scholarship recipients will receive a monetary award in the amount of $1,000 (USD) toward their education; applied toward tuition or other defined school expenses and will be paid to the school on the recipient’s behalf.
BPW/Raleigh is accepting completed applications for the 2015 application process until April 10, 2015.
BPW/Raleigh Dr. Lois E. Frazier Scholarship (merit based) | Mary E. Fox Scholarship (financial need and merit based)
Scholarship applicants are evaluated based on application materials and demonstration of:
- Completed application (essay, short answers, reference & scholastic record)
- Financial need and/or academic achievement
- Commitment to giving back (particularly to supporting other women)
BPW/Raleigh scholarships are not awarded to the same person in two consecutive years. All candidates must submit a completed BPW/Raleigh scholarship application.
BPW/Raleigh Application Process
- Candidates can be female or male and must be currently enrolled (full or part-time) at an accredited college, university, or institution of higher education
- Current high school students are not eligible to apply
- Applicant must reside within the North Carolina counties of Wake, Durham, Orange, or Johnston (but can attend school outside the area)
- Applicant should have a career plan after completion of schooling
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need and/or academic achievement
- Applicants may be male or female
- Applicant must be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Applicant must complete an application form provided by the Raleigh BPW Scholarship Committee
- Applicant must submit an official transcript of scholastic record (copy acceptable)
- Applicant must complete two of the four essay questions (no more than 150 words each) as stated on the application form
- Applicant must submit one (1) reference letter on letterhead paper (where applicable)
BPW/Raleigh Scholarship Deadline
Completed Applications are due to email@example.com by April 10, 2015. The BPW Scholarship Committee will screen all applications. A personal interview may be required. The winner will be notified by phone and presented the award at the BPW/Raleigh dinner meeting to be held April 28, 2015.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPW Foundation also awards scholarships. Go here
for more info.