PechaKucha Night Vol.18
6-8 Speakers (presenting 20 slides for 20 seconds ea, for a total of 6 minutes and 20 seconds)
PechaKucha Night Raleigh Vol. 18 will take place at Contemporary Art Museum on Thursday, September 11th. Doors open at 5:40pm and the show begins at 6:40pm. The event is free, but we hope you'll donate a few bucks at the door so we can keep it that way. We will have a Q + A with presenters after the show.
PKN talks are curated talks that are 6 minutes and 20 seconds only. 20 slides shown for 20 seconds. They are very concise and fast moving, often insiring, informative or down right funny!
PKN Vol.18 Speakers
- Truett Thompson - This is SPARKcon!
- Maria Droujkova - 5-year-olds can learn calculus
- Dr. Robert Schrag - The Look of Love, or Something Else
- Karen Jasmine - I got fired so I could homeschool
- Jordan Deva - Crescendos
- Jesse Jur - Powerful Textiles!
- Pam Blondin - raleigh [ ] space Parklet Sparking Collaboration
- Marsha Gordon - Why Seeing Movies in Public Still Matters, and What We All Should Do About It
- Louis Cherry - Lessons from Prague
As with all good PechaKucha Nights there will be plenty of chit-chat within a casual atmosphere and of course liquid refreshments.
Our musical guest, The Bucket Boys, will play for us thanks to musicSPARK organizers. Beer will be supplied by Raleigh Brewing and snacks by The Butchers Market.
- We use video and photography to document our events and we post these images online and may be used in promotional materials.
- Our events are open to all ages, but some material may not be suitable for young children. Use your best judgement.
Contemporary Art Museum
409 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27603
Admission is free. Limited seating.