Navigating Difficult Times from a Place of Strength
with guest speaker Ruth Pearce
T O B E H E L D O N L I N E
When times are tough, do you want to put your best foot forward, apply the best aspects of yourself in a mindful way?
VIA Character Strengths are the backbone of Positive Psychology. They are empowering, evidence-based, and widely applicable.
Mindfulness helps us to clearly connect with those strengths and to consider our circumstances and decisions in a more objective, rational way while not ignoring our emotions.
The last few weeks and months have been stressful for everyone in some way or other. Many people are feeling depleted. They have self-regulation and planning fatigue. So how do we keep going in these difficult and uncertain times? How do we make good decisions?
In this session learn about your character strengths, and how they can empower you to be your best even when circumstances are their worst. Layer in small mindfulness practices to really build resources to help you through the difficult times and to enjoy the good times.
- Know the key positive elements of your positive personality – VIA Character Strengths.
- Take away mindfulness practices that you can use wherever you are, whoever you are with and whenever you want or need them to create balance and increase calm.
- Develop your strengths and start spotting the strengths of others to help everyone move toward their best self even when times are difficult.
PREPARATION To get the most out of the session, please take your FREE VIA Character Strengths assessment. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete in your native language, and at the end you will have access to your ranked 24 strengths.
GIVEAWAY Ruth will be giving away free VIA Total 24 Character Strengths Reports ($49 value) to three lucky attendees!
ACCESS This event will be hosted on the video conferencing platform Remo. Please follow these steps to join us:
- Register for the event from the left-hand panel at the top of this page.
- You will receive a confirmation email from BPW/Triangle, as well as an invitation from Remo with instructions for accessing this event.
- After accepting the invitation (by clicking the Accept Invitation link in the email from Remo), you will be prompted to create a Remo account if you don't have one already and complete your registration for this event.
If you have any questions, please email the Program Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEET OUR SPEAKER
Ruth Pearce runs A Lever Long Enough (ALLE LLC- Project Motivator), delivering group coaching to leaders and teams to transform workplaces into communities.
An avid proponent of focusing on what works, Ruth starts with character strengths as a powerful way to forge connections between team members in a safe way.
Ruth’s vision is to bring the art and science of character strengths and community building to project managers. Based on twenty years of direct experience in the field supported by extensive research in the science of Character Strengths and Positive Psychology, Ruth’s book Be a Project Motivator: Unlock the Secrets of Strengths-Based Project Management was published in November 2018.
In addition to running her own business, Ruth is the VIA Product and Practice Development Consultant, working with the VIA Institute on Character team to develop new tools, courses and directions for the practice of Character Strengths.
Website | Email | LinkedIn