A Professional Women’s Discussion Group
Wealth Wisdom for Women
Helping women achieve greater financial fluency & master living when caregiving and money intersect.
10 Keys to Maximize Financial Aid
Brooke Daly, College and Financial Aid Consultant
Wednesday, October 17th, 2012
12:00PM to 1:00PM (Networking: 11:30AM)
This event is complimentary, lunch provided.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Board Room
700 Spring Forest Road; Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27609
Join them to hear Brooke Daly, founder of Advantage College Planning share her wisdom with us as we help our children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews plan for their education. Brooke will cover:
- An overview of the college environment: average college costs, student loan debt, etc.Hosted by: Virginia Clay, CFP®, CFA® & Carol Stymiest, Financial Advisors
- How financial aid works (the difference between merit aid and need-based aid)
- The significance of a families "Expected Family Contribution" (EFC)
- A high level overview of how the EFC is calculated
- The importance of filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (even if you think you won't qualify)
- How merit scholarships work and how to find the colleges that will be the most generous to your student
- How to evaluate and negotiate your financial aid package
- The 3 statistics that you have to know for each college your student applies to
About the Speaker
Brooke Daly founded Advantage College Planning in 2008 after working in the financial aid and college planning industries at Vermont Student Assistance Corporation and College Foundation, Inc. Her desire to make the college planning process less stressful for families enticed her to start her college consulting firm.
Brooke visits dozens of campuses each year. She participates in meetings of the Higher Education Consultants Association and the Independent Educational Consultants Association. She frequently presents seminars on various college planning.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
For more information please contact
Virginia Clay, CFP®, CFA®Financial Advisor at 919-877-2449 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Stymiest, Financial Advisor at 919-877-2469 or email@example.com
To RSVP contact Jenny Bland at
877-2400 or Virginia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Investments and services offered through Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC
The guest speaker is neither an employee nor affiliated with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Opinions expressed by the guest speaker are solely his own and do not necessarily reflect those of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. Individuals should consult with their tax/legal advisors before making any tax/legal-related investment decisions as Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and its Financial Advisors do not provide tax/legal advice.