Help Women Build Double Its Goals
Habitat Wake has supported Women Build since 2009 by building a home primarily funded by and constructed by women. After building three beautiful, affordable homes and meeting hundreds of local women interested in supporting Women Build, we have stepped up our goal this year.
This Fall, we are fundraising to build TWO Women Build homes. The Groundbreaking will be on Saturday, September 14 at 10:00 in the morning and volunteers will begin construction on October 5th in Apex.
Several companies – Wells Fargo, Genworth Financial, Cisco Systems, Smith Anderson, and Womble Carlyle -- have given generously to get fundraising off to a great start. Other groups are pooling resources to help fundraise and recruit volunteers.
Women Build is supported by diverse groups of women - professionals, students, congregations, management teams, community leaders, book clubs, garden clubs, friends, and neighbors - who come together to fund the entire build project and build the home.
The 2013 Women Build has raised more than $70,000, but still needs more sponsored teams to meet its goal. Here are five ways you can support the Women Build program today:
- Create a team or personal page on the Women Build 2013 fundraising site and join the effort to raise $130,000 for two Women Build homes to be built in Apex this year.
- Make a gift to an existing team page to share support.
- Log on to VolunteerHub and sign up to build on homes CURRENTLY under construction.
- Sign up for the Women Build e-newsletter to stay updated on the 2013 Women Build effort.
- Send an e-card with a minimum donation of $5 to honor the special women in your life. Paper cards are also available by contacting us.