UNC-TV is looking for volunteers to help out during Festival 2014 and BPW will be there to answer the call! Volunteers are needed to answer phone calls from contributors who support UNC-TV's programs and services.
What a great way to meet up with old friends, make new friends and support public television in North Carolina at the same time!
When: Sunday March 16 (2:30 - 7:00pm)
Questions, or to sign up: Let Linda Karolak know, by email, email@example.com, or mobile: 919-667-3407
Thanks much!...come out, and have some fun!
We hope your schedule permits you to join BPW/Raleigh. We always have fun and make a difference!
Also, don't forget to like UNC-TV Volunteers on Facebook or follow UNC-TV Volunteers on Twitter!
- 2:30pm brief training for taking the pledges on air in the studio, using their computerized system.
- We will be on air but will have time "off air" to talk, have refreshments, network, observe the TV station.
- If we have 20 people volunteer, they would actually give us two 30 second spots on TV to promote BPW.
- Solid color clothes, or "gentle patterns" work best on air, so maybe let's decide to wear something red, to identify ourselves as a group! Wear comfortable shoes, as the walk down the hall to the rest rooms is a bit of a hike. The studio is kept on the cool side, to provide for the numerous lights and equipment that must be used while on air, so a jacket or sweater is a good idea.
- They will have refreshments provided for us, including coffe, tea, soft drinks, and popcorn.
The invitation is out to all members and their families, friends, and significant others! The more, the merrier! Teens in your family aged 14 years or older are encouraged to volunteer with us as a community service project!
Gloria Howell is our Volunteer Coordinator at the TV station, and she knows us from the many years we have volunteered, and welcomes us each year. She understands if you can't stay the entire shift, so even if you need to leave before 7 pm that day, please come, and we can work around that.